Texas Pete & Brown Sugar Glazed Bacon
Ingredients:• 1 Pound of Thick-Cut Bacon
• 1/2 Cup, plus 1 Tbsp for Finishing, of Brown Sugar
• 1/3 Cup of Texas Pete Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay bacon in an even layer on a parchment lined sheet tray.
- Mix ½ cup brown sugar and Texas Pete Hot Sauce together. Using a pastry brush, brush a thin even layer of the mixture over the top of the bacon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove tray from the oven and brush bacon with glaze; flip bacon over and brush with glaze. Return tray to oven for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat every 10 minutes for one hour total, pouring off excess bacon fat as needed. Sprinkle top of bacon with 1 Tablespoon brown sugar before last 10 minutes of baking. Watch bacon carefully near the end of the bake time as it will begin to brown quickly.
- Remove tray from oven; let cool for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
More Breakfast Recipes: