Fire Cracker Shrimp
Ingredients:• Peanut, Grapeseed or Canola Oil, for Frying
• 1 Pound of 13/15 Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined, Tails Removed
• 1/4 Cup of Texas Pete Hotter Hot Sauce
• 1/2 Cup of Cornstarch
• 2 Tbsp of Texas Pete Hotter Hot Sauce
• 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream
• 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
• 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
• 1 1/2 tsp of Lemon Juice
• 1 2/3 Cups of Green Cabbage, Shredded
• 1 Cup of Carrots, Shredded
• 1/3 Cup ofScallions, Thin Bias Cut
• 1/4 Cup of Basil, Julienne
• 1 tsp of Sesame Oil
• 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar
• 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt
• 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper
• 1/4 Cup of Cilantro Leaves for Garnish
- Preheat fryer to 350 degrees or pour 4 inches of oil into a deep, heavy pot. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pot and bring to 350 degrees over medium-high heat.
- Toss shrimp with ¼ cup Texas Pete Hotter Hot Sauce. Cover and refrigerate to marinate.
- Mix spicy sauce ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until service.*
- To make slaw, toss cabbage, carrots, scallions and basil in a medium mixing bowl. Add sesame oil and rice wine vinegar; toss to coat. Add salt and pepper; mix well. Refrigerate until service.*
- Drain shrimp from marinade. Lightly coat shrimp with cornstarch. Fry for 2 minutes or until golden, crispy and just cooked through.
- Toss hot shrimp with spicy sauce. Serve shrimp over slaw. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
*Spicy sauce and slaw can be made and held refrigerated for up to 2 days before service.
More Entreé Recipes: